©2024 V.J. Allison Art. All Rights Reserved. NO USE PERIOD!

©2024 V.J. Allison Art. All Rights Reserved. NO USE PERIOD!
©2024 V.J. Allison Art. No use without written permission from designer.

Thursday, August 19, 2021

COMING SOON from DECADENT PUBLISHING: Eternity's Gamble by V.J. Allison

I am so excited to announce that my first ever paranormal/fantasy romance novel, Eternity’s Gamble, will be published by Decadent Publishing sometime soon!

This is the #supersecretproject I had been working on all spring, the one I didn’t talk about outside of a select few.



This idea was thrown at me by a friend of mine. A small group of us wanted to do a project together, based on the same theme, and after some discussion, we chose a corn maze. Each of us would have our own take on it.

My idea was a game created by a demonic figure. One minute, the characters are in a safe area, but things can change in a heartbeat with a roll of the dice. Among the danger, they manage to steal a few moments, sneaking in ways to say how much they love each other, and work together to beat the demon and break a nasty spell.

I knew there would be twists in it, but even I was surprised at some of them.

I’m not sure on a publication date for this one. We are looking at having it available for the Halloween season, but that depends on how fast we can get it edited and proofed. I’m game for this – pun intended. In fact, I can’t wait to get deep into revisions and I am going crazy waiting to get the cover from their Art Department so I can start showing off the pretty! Their covers are absolutely gorgeous, so I know I’ll get an amazing one.

I want to make it ultra-clear that I am not leaving Extasy Books. In fact, I am deep into writing the rest of the Feathered Tartan Series while I wait for my first round of edits for Eternity’s Gamble, and I hope to have Book 3 submitted to them as soon as I can.

I decided to keep my contemporary books separate from my paranormal ones, and thought I’d try another publisher for this one. I’m glad I did. Like Extasy Books, Decadent Publishing is one of the top independent houses in the world, and have been amazing to me. I look forward to sending them more of my crazy ideas in the future!

A huge THANK YOU to Cameron Allie for her help with the blurb and doing a critique on it for me! Shoutouts to Cameron Allie, Maggie Blackbird and D.S. Dehel for the ideas, the chats, the help and everything else.

Massive thanks and a huge shout out to Editor Kate at Decadent Publishing, who has been ultra helpful and for putting up with my crazy questions!





 

Eternity’s Gamble

By V.J. Allison

(Unedited Blurb)


Can love beat the odds, or will the dice decide their fate?

 

Expecting the usual entertainment at the local Nova Scotia exhibition, Charles Hazard is less than impressed by the secluded corn maze his long-time friend and secret crush, Tiffany, drags him to. The repulsive state of decay, and the creepy dummy guarding the entrance of the maze have Charles anxious to leave, but his sense of self-preservation wars with his desire to make Tiffany happy.

 

Tiffany Morrow doesn’t think much of the tarot card reading she had only days before the annual exhibition, and has all but forgotten the prophet’s words and how she drew the Death Card when she comes across a spooky looking corn maze. There’s only one person she wants to explore the stalks with. She’s been in love with her best friend, Charles, for as long as she can remember. His level head, introverted tendencies, and unique ginger sexiness call to the most intimate parts of her.

 

Their fun quickly takes a dark turn when the maze morphs into a game of life or death. From a quiet sunflower field, to a treacherous walk across a volcano’s cone, to an encounter with a creature out of horror legend, each roll of the dice forces them to work as a team or perish in a way they most fear.

 

Amidst the danger-filled labyrinth, they delight in small, stolen moments and find the soul mate they have been searching for. However, as with most games of chance performed at a devil’s will, there is more to this sport than there appears. Could they really be the only ones within the walls of their confines, or are other creatures lurking?

 

In a terrifying twist of fate, their chances at forever could be ripped away from them by a single roll of the die

 

Victory may linger out of reach, and a curse of eternal agony and loneliness could be their fate. Or just once the die might roll in their favour. But what are the odds of that?

 

Eternity’s Gamble is a friends to lovers paranormal horror romance.

 

Coming Soon from Decadent Publishing!

#rollforyourlife

#beattheodds

#EternitysGamble

#decadentpublishing

No comments:

Post a Comment