©2024 V.J. Allison Art. All Rights Reserved. NO USE PERIOD!

©2024 V.J. Allison Art. All Rights Reserved. NO USE PERIOD!
©2024 V.J. Allison Art. No use without written permission from designer.

Friday, October 14, 2022

Update: New Logos, And NEW Premade Covers!

Hi everyone! It’s been a while I updated my blog. I’ve been going crazy with beta reads for people, promoting Honestly like crazy, and a lot more… Including designing a WordPress website for my graphics business, Veridian Rose Graphics.

I’ve been playing in Affinity Photo a lot the last month or so, and decided that I needed new logos, two that matched, for Veridian Rose Graphics and my author logo.

They match but are unique in their own way….



©2022 Veridian Rose Graphics. All rights reserved. No use without written permission from the designer/owner.

The website for Veridian Rose Graphics isn’t ready yet, and won’t be for a while. I’m trying to expand my portfolio before I finalize everything, and expand the business. What I’m hoping to do in time is between me, my cat and my co-conspirators.

I can say that all of the premade “covers” I had listed on the Facebook webpage and other spots have been tossed. The old ones STANK worse than skunk essence (EW) and were horrible. Even the prettiest one of the bunch looked like amateurish. So, I created some new ones, with stock I’ve had around for a long time. They all have extended licensing on them, so do the fonts used.

I will never ever use random stuff off of the internet for backgrounds or elements in anything I sell, nor will I do it for my own promos. You can get in a lot of shit for doing so, like getting your ass sued off for one, and in some cases, jail time. I didn’t know that until I got into the graphics business two years ago, and unless it has a commercial license (for promos) I won’t touch it. I won’t sell anything I make with something unless it’s got an extended/premium license on it… And they cost. A lot. Think $90 USD and up for one photo – and that’s from general stock sites, with multiple uses for the same photo. Purchasing directly from a photographer can be more expensive, think over $1000 for one photo, for one cover or one promo. Some photographers charge $2000 or more for exclusive rights to said photo. I know. I checked!

Over the last two days, I created six new premade covers. All are suited for paranormal, fantasy, medieval, or a motorcycle romance.

Here are the “Skulls” series of e-book covers. All are 6 x 9 inches – Amazon standard. Addition of an author or series logo is free of charge. Many thanks to my co-conspirators for their assistance and critiques of all six covers. They are available as a set, or separately.







***All covers ©2022 Veridian Rose Graphics. All rights reserved. No use without permission from the creator. Message designer for purchase details and pricing.***


The lace one is the most popular so far, in Facebook. I think they all turned out pretty good, considering I’m still learning.

I hope to churn out more sometime soon, but after I finish a beta read and get a bit added to Feathered Tartan 4.

Have a great weekend everyone… I leave you with a band I’ve recently discovered, thanks to an amazing friend at Extasy Books. She introduced me to Mongolian Metal, and it’s freaking amazing!

Have a listen to The HU, and their song WOLF TOTEM.




No comments:

Post a Comment