©2024 V.J. Allison Art. All Rights Reserved. NO USE PERIOD!

©2024 V.J. Allison Art. All Rights Reserved. NO USE PERIOD!
©2024 V.J. Allison Art. No use without written permission from designer.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Happy 153rd Birthday, CANADA!!!


Happy Canada Day everyone!

Today is Canada’s 153rd birthday, and I’m ultra happy!

We have one month to go until the Together We Stand anthology hits the shelves, and I cannot wait to get my copy of it! There are so many talented people in it, from best-selling authors C.A. King and Geri Glenn, to newcomer K. Logan, my dear friend and fellow eXtasy Books author Cameron Allie, and of course, yours truly!

Coming August 1st, 2020…


Preorder Graphic including participating authors.





My contribution is a sweet romance called COVID’s Arrow and it’s about two grocery store cashiers during a pandemic. Check out the blurb and the poster I made for it!

Banner ©2020 V.J. Allison
Original Photo taken by V.J. Allison
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
Old Bridge and LaHave River


COVID’s Arrow
By V.J. Allison
© 2020 V.J. Allison, all rights reserved

Tagline: When two people are in love, social distancing cannot prevent them from being together.

Vicki has been half in love with her friend and co-worker, Mason, since she started working at a grocery store eight months ago. When a pandemic reaches the province, social distancing protocols are installed, and their friendship is put on hold. A break at work brings them back together, but will they have the time Vicki hopes to pursue her hidden desires?


I wrote the entire story in three hours on June 1st, and it was submitted on the weekend of June 5th.

* * * *

(Hopefully!) Coming Soon from eXtasy Books…

I’m not just excited to be a part of the Together We Stand anthology… You see, I’m also going to be a part of the Stocking Stuffer (short story line) for the 2020 Holiday Season. This past weekend, I wrote an 11K long story that I hope to submit sometime next week. Why so early? The general publishing process at eXtasy Books and Devine Destinies is about four months long. So to have them publish a Christmas or Holiday story, things have to be submitted no later than August – preferably in July. It gives the editors and authors time to get it edited and revised right, and if each one has a unique cover, the Art Department plenty of time to make an awesome, eye catching design for it.

In fact, one of my fellow eX authors has her contribution submitted already, and a lot of us are prepping for our Valentine’s Day submissions now.

When you are an author who works with a publisher like eXtasy Books, you have to think of holidays coming about six months ahead of the game. It’s just the way the publishing world works, I guess.

As for the name of my short, and everything else… I’m not saying it yet. It’s still being read by my betas (although one has read it already and loved it!) and y’all know how closed mouthed I can be when it comes to my work that’s not submitted or even accepted by my publisher yet. I’d rather not risk jinxing anything, you know?

I will say this: It is revisiting one of my previously published couples, an extension of their story.

Other than that, mum’s the word. Only a scant few people know what’s going on… And it was applauded by one of my best pals at eXtasy Books (one of my best pals, period!) So if you’re in that handful, smile.

To my fellow Canucks: Have a happy and safe Canada Day!

To my American fans, friends, family, and followers: Have an amazing and safe Fourth of July weekend!

I leave you with one of my favorite songs of all time… “Closer to the Heart” by RUSH and the late great Neil Peart.



No comments:

Post a Comment